Here were the goals I had hoped to complete last year. 2012 was a very eventful year for us. We bought our first home and adopted 2 adorable kitties. I was only able to complete 8 of my goals. Hopefully this year I will do better since now we are all settled into our home. Completed goals are in bold and uncompleted goals are in red.
Reading & Writing Goals
1 - Read at least 100 Books. My TBR pile is large and I would like to get through most of it.
- I was able to read a total of 119 books. However my tbr pile is still huge.
- I was able to complete 7 read-a-thons.
- I was able to complete 12 reading challenges.
5 - Finish the novel I started writing a few years back but never finished or start a new one. For over a year I have not been motivated to write but lately I have been having ideas for stories and feeling the urge to write.
- I was able to finish the novel. I will be taking a break from it and then will start editing it this year.
- I didn't even attempt to write any short stories.
I completely failed in this section. I was very disappointed at the end of 2011 and early 2012 because even though I was exercising and dieting I wasn't losing any weight and no matter what I tried I just couldn't lose. Then early in the year we bought a house and had so much to do that I stopped eating well and exercising. When you are so busy fast food and pizza are just so much easier. Then I just got stuck with my bad eating habits.
1 - Lose 43 lbs so that I weigh 200 lbs by the end of the year.
2 - Get back to exercising at least 3 times a week. Include weight lifting into my routine.
3 - Get back to eating healthy. Started slacking off during the holidays.
1 - 104 Posts in 52 weeks
- I came close with 96 posts.
- I looked into it and it couldn't be done so I created gmail accounts for them.
- I was still bad at commenting this past year. I do visit the sites I follow I'm just bad at commenting.
1 - Create at least 5 handmade postcards and mail out.
3 - Date Night at least 2 times a month.
4 - Game Night at least 2 times a month.
- We have had several game nights but not enough to have fulfilled this goal.
5 - Eat together at the dining table more often. We usually just eat in our office.
- Since we moved into the house in February we eat dinner in the dinning room Monday thru Friday.
- Still too terrified. I renewed my learner's permit but haven't practiced at all.