1) Jack the Page Ripper (15 books):
Take 5 series, read:
- 5 books from 1st series (of your choice) - Claimed, Tricked, Rumored, Hushed, Pursued (The Witches of Santa Anna)
- 4 from 2nd - Beautiful Demons, Inner Demons, Bitter Demons, Shadow Demons (Peachville High Demons)
- 3 from 3rd - Ethereal, Tremble, Burn (Celestra)
- 2 from 4th - The Shadows & The Thirteenth (Vampire Huntress Legend)
- 1 from the last one (and you don't have to be starting with 1st book each time) - Blood Promise (Vampire Academy)
2) Una-book-bomber (5 books):
Read one book from each of the genres. It does not have to be the first book in the series, but it must be a series book, not a stand-alone:
- chick-lit - Adventures in Funeral Crashing (Funeral Crashing Series Book 1)
- romance - Love is Darkness (Valerie Dearborn Book #1)
- mystery - Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (A Rose Gardner Mystery Book # 1)
- pnr/urban-fantasy/fantasy/sci-fi - Night Rising (Vampire Babylon Book #1)
- young adult - Starfire Angels (Dark Angel Chronicles Book #1)
3) Spree Series Killer (1+ book):
Try out a totally new author. If the book turns out to be a stinker, you have to TRY AGAIN. Repeat until you find a series that you like and are willing to keep on reading in the future.
A Chalice of Wind (Balefire) (Didn't Like)
Turned (The Vampire Journals) (Didn't Like)
Hollowland (The Hollows)
4) Author-ican Psycho (1 book)
Try a book from the author you've "given up" on - call it one more try. It can be the same series you previously found only so-so, or a totally different series by the same author. It's up to you.
Claimed by Shadow (Cassandra Palmer)
5) Dr. Hannibal Lecturer (1 book):
Start on that series that everybody is praising so much but you keep postponing it for later.
Just read it already. Go on!
The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries)
6) The Book Strangler (1+ books):
Read a whole series from the beginning to the end (or to the last published book). You choose whether it's going to be a 15-book-long-monster or a 1-book-long-freshly-started-baby series...
- Suite Scarlett
- Scarlett Fever
7) 3rd Degree (3 books):
Read a trilogy. An old fashioned trilogy that wraps up at book 3.
BONUS: Bloody Mary (1 book):
A series with a strong female kick-ass protagonist, something like: police detective, body builder, warrior. So for example LKH Anita Blake would work.
Bad Blood (Crimson Blood)