- 3 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (about half a can)
- 4 tbsp cocoa chili powder
- 1 cup brewed double chocolate coffee (We used Java Delight brand)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cans of 15.5oz each of diced tomatoes
- 15.5 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp corn meal
- salt and pepper
- cheddar cheese for topping (optional)
Combine the chipotle chilis in adobo sauce with chili powder and the coffee in a blender.
Heat coconut oil and saute onion, bell peppers and garlic. 3-5 minutes until soft.
Add vegetable broth and scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan.
Add diced tomatoes, black beans and kidney beans. Stir.
Mix in chili mixture.
Ladle two cups into a bowl. Mix in cornmeal. Return to pot and mix well.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Salt & Pepper to taste.
(Yeah we like a lot of cheese with chili.)