Oops forgot to publish this on Sunday.
Today we had Perfect Pulled Pork it was a recipe on an advertisement for pork that I found in one of my cooking magazines. Since this was not a cheat day we had it without buns and barbecue sauce. The pork was very tender and moist and the flavor was great. Jon is already asking for me to make it again. The Three Pepper Salad has been a favorite for a while now and we got it from the What's Cooking America website.
Perfect Pulled Pork
- 5lbs boneless pork butt shoulder
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1cup water
- soft sandwich buns
Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and rub evenly over the roast.
Place meat in a 6-quart slow cooker. (We only have a 4-quart slow cooker so I had to cut the pork into 2 pieces so that it could fit.)
Add water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until pork is very tender.
Place pork on large cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
Pull, slice or chop to serve. Serve in buns with barbecue sauce.
Three Pepper Salad Recipe
- 1 red sweet pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 orange sweet pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 small sweet onion (Walla Walla, Vidalia, or Maui), peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or fresh basil leaves (We use only half and prefer basil.)
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (We use a 1/4 cup so it coats better)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (We use a 1/4 cup so it coats better)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese (We use about a half cup to a cup of mozzarella cheese cut into cubes.)
Slice onion into matchstick-size pieces and add to the bowl. Add parsley or basil.
Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Add rice vinegar and sesame oil, stirring to mix well. (We taste it to make sure the flavor is balanced and adjust if needed.)
Cover and refrigerate approximately 1 hour before serving. To serve, toss salad again and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.