- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.
Big B's Baked Beans
- 1 pound applewood-smoked bacon, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 cup canned peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 32-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Chipotle-Barbecue Sauce
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a metal tray with paper towels.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain the bacon on the paper towels.
Add the onion to the bacon fat in the pan and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 3 minutes.
Add the tomato sauce and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the brown sugar, molasses and cayenne and stir until well combined. Add the vinegar and stir to combine, scraping the bottom of the skillet to loosen any remaining bits of bacon. Add the beans, sauce, and bacon and heat through.
Spoon the mixture into a 3-quart ovenproof dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and bubbly.